Friday, June 12, 2009

Tomorrow Starts a New Workout Plan!

Hi! I'm Anna and this is my '30 Day Shred' blog, completely dedicated to keeping track of my progress while on the '30 Day Shred' workout plan!

I guess I'll provide some background on myself regarding my fitness/health. I've never been overweight, but have always considered myself a little chubby. I'm 5'2 and have always been around 135 pounds. As for my eating style, I had a pretty normal eating lifestyle: for the most part, I ate pretty healthy, with the occasional crappy foods. As for my exercise, I've been a dancer all my life, so I've always been active, but could have stepped it up more. I was content with the way I looked and felt I had the average 20 something aged girls body. Well, then came January 2008, when I decided that I didn't want to be just average anymore! I wanted to be fit & healthy & look great! So I decided to start a workout plan and start eating health and counting calories. It worked great! My starting weight in January 2008 was 138 pounds. By May 2008, I had lost almost 20 pounds, down to 120! I worked out Monday - Thursday, doing my FIRM dvds and counted my calories religiously. It was great! I felt great and thought I looked great! Summer was a blast! I was able to maintain my new body, for the most part, through summer.

I had a lot of life changes in summer/fall of 2008, so my workout plan and counting calories started to fall off the bandwagon. I moved twice! and bounced through some different jobs, so my routine had disappeared. However, now things are coming back together finally and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things!

I've gotten back into working out pretty faithfully since February 2009, and have been doing really well. I have mainly used the 'FIRM' dvds with weights and going running outside. My previous workout plan was running outside Monday/Wednesday/Friday, then doing one of my many FIRM dvds with weights Tuesday/Thursday. Then, occasionally (depending on my mood/how I felt), I would go running outside on Saturday or Sunday with my boyfriend, Brett. I've also been eating a lot better now. I should mention that I am a new Vegetarian, since September 2008. This workout plan and eating plan has been great, but I'm in the mood to turn it up a notch and really start working HARD to get ready for SUMMER!! :) So I decided to start the '30 Day Shred' because I've heard great things about it!

Here are my starting stats (as of Thursday, June 11, 2009):

Weight:
128 pounds

Measurements (inches):
Neck: 12.25
Biceps:  9.5
Forearm: 7.5
Chest: 35.5
Waist: 28.5
Hips: 35.5
Thighs: 19.75
Calf: 13.5

So that's a little background on me! Tomorrow is the start of my new workout plan:

I'll start out with Level 1, then move to Level 2, then to Level 3 in equal increments. I'm planning on working out Monday through Friday before work. I'll do the '30 Day Shred' and run outside for 30 minutes each day. I'm ready! Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment