Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Updates, Updates!

Well, it's been a while since I last posted here. I've got a couple other blogs that I write in nowadays: my everyday blog and my wedding blog. And I actually forgot all about my diet/fitness blog! But, time to change that!

So, some updates: Since I last blogged here (June 2009, whoa!), I've been doing pretty good with working out. I've really grown to love running... Anyone who knows me, knows this is HUGE! We even had a little running competition last Fall: It was city vs. city, Pittsburgh vs. DC, Me & Brett vs. Lee & Jess! It was so much fun! We would compete to see who could run the most miles by a certain date. Well, it ended in a tie, because Brett ended up having to get shoulder surgery before the competition was over and he couldn't run. But during the time we were competing, it was great! I think it really pushed all of us to run more!

We also ran in the 5K Dogfish Dash! It was a race put on by our favorite brewery in Delaware: Dogfish Head! It was awesome! It was supposed to be a light-hearted, fun race, and they even asked runners to dress up in costumes completely made from recyclable materials. We were ALL for this! However, when we showed up for race day... it seems we were the ONLY ones all for dressing up... but it turned out to be awesome, because we won prizes for best costume! See our ridiculousness below:



So as you can see, I've been keeping active! And it feels so good! Plus, I am getting married this coming August, and that is definitely motivation to stay active and eat healthy, so I can look great on my wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment