Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 8

Well, I'm officially in week 8 of my marathon training, which is about half way through the training program. It has not been easy! And I'm going to be honest, I have missed a few days of training. The terrible snow storm(s) Pittsburgh got in February really put a damper on my running outside. It's kind of impossible to run in 2-3 feet of snow, ice, and slush:


Yeeeeah... So I had to find alternative ways to get my running in at different gyms, etc. So it's been tough, due to the crazy snow, but I'm not giving up! I'm pushing through! The sidewalks and streets are finally clearing up again, so I'm back outside getting my miles in, and it feels great!

It's hard to fathom that I'll actually be running 26.2 miles all at once... I'm not even up to running half of that yet! But I know I can do it! I just need to stick to my training plan.

Only 8 1/2 more weeks to go! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment